Wednesday, November 12, 2008

I JUST GOT HERE@!

Welcome to Paul, Talia, and Sydney's blog where we hope to keep all our family and friends informed on what is going on in our lives. Check back weekly and we will try to keep things updated almost like our own little journals. (You just wont get the mushy, deep, dark secret stuff!)

All of you know I am currently depoyed to Iraq. While in Kuwait I got sent on emergencly leave to see my beautiful baby be born! Sydney Lee Roberts came out amazingly healthy and beautiful. She is a miracle in both of our lives! Talia and Sydney bonded almost right away and Talia is already an amazing mother. Ill let Talia tell you the rest about the baby...

Once I got back from emergency leave I came to Tikrit in Iraq just to find out that I was acually moving to Kirkuk. I have mixed emotions about the move but anyone who knows me, knows I always try to have a positive attitude about it. Being PSYOP has its advantages wherever we go. RIght now we are housed in this amazing house with 3 bedrooms, a day room, with a large front and backyard. The roof is huge and is completely liveable space as well. This place is well bigger than my house in the States and that is why I am sad to leave it. It will be nice to go out on my own in Kirkuk though. I will only be going with one other Sergeant from my unit. We will most likely still have good living conditions and a really nice workspace. We will have our own interpreters and I will doing a lot more PSYOP relevant work instead of being stuck at headquarters running oddjobs and being a gopher. This is what excites me. I will actually be doing a lot of work. It is nice to be able to do what you were trained in. Unfortunately this is not always the case while deployed.

My spirits are high. I have good books to read in my down time, I am reading the scriptures daily. The chow halls in Iraq are amazing, but I am not indulging as much as I would like to. I am trying to slim down quite a bit so I am really watching what I am eating! Well I will cut off on this for now but I love you all and hope you will check in often to see what is going on with us!

1 comment:

Nichole Christensen said...

You guys have a blog! Sweet! We do too. It's cnchristensen.blogspot.com, but it's private so I have to send you an invitation. I'll do it right now - hopefully I have the right email address!