Sunday, November 16, 2008

Sydney is Growing Up!

I'm happy to say being a new mommy is amazing, difficult, demanding and extremely rewarding. Sydney weighed in at 7 lbs. 7 oz. when she was born, and is now up to 8 lbs. She is now two weeks old and her personality grows bigger and bigger each day! Although her sleeping pattern is completely up and down and different from the last 24 hours, she is already predictable for the most part.
She Does Not want to be left in a dirty diaper for a second longer than it took her to make it dirty! She Loves her binkie, which I give her constantly to avoid her thumb. Boy does she love trying to sneak her thumb in her mouth. Her feeding schedule is also very random. Her very loud cry means basically,"It is time to eat!", no matter if she ate three hours ago or 30 minutes ago. She is already lifting her neck and head for almost full minutes when she looks over my shoulder. I can tell this will go by too fast.
The second week seems almost like a walk in the park compared to the first! I am nursing and it was probably one of the hardest things I have ever accomplished (so far). The first week was definitely a test of strength. Between zero sleep, aching pain and sore SORE breasts I thought I might literally break down. I learned extremely quickly that being a mommy demands patience and selflessness. I can already see a change in her eyes, in her little body, in her face. I wish I could stare at her forever. Most days I do stare at her forever. Is it bad that I want her to stay my little baby forever? Before I jump ahead of myself, or herself, I need to say that this is Love. Sydney is a Love I have never felt before and it is truly surreal. It will never go away and I look forward to all of the little things that will build up day by day, month by month, and year by year that will only make it That much stronger!

No comments: