Wednesday, November 19, 2008

Kirkuk

Well I finally made it to Kirkuk! Right now we have an awesome set up here. I have my own Chu (living area) with a desk, multiple lockers, a bookshelf, and tons of other cool things. It is not the biggest thing in the world but most soldiers share these things so having one to myself is AWESOME! I also finally got my m-9 pistol so I dont have to lug around my M4 Rifle anymore. We have an amazing workspace that almost got stolen from us. Thank goodness it didnt. We have a TV with 2 couches, 3 laptops for official work, two regrigerators, a freezer, and a ton of comfy chairs! Our place is extremely hooked up. Right now we have 17 Vehicles for 2 of us!!!! We hopefully will be turning those in eventually but I just find that pretty funny.

It feels so great to finally have a home and be able to spread my things all out and get organized. I think I am going to enjoy my time here for the most part. The gym, px, and chow hall are all pretty close. 9 Months in this place will fly by (at least I am trying to think so!) It is hard being without my two precious angels, but I know they are both in good hands.

My address if anyone is interested in sending me some love is:

SPC Roberts, Paul D
18th Engr. Co.
361st PSYOP Co.
FOB Warrior
APO AE 09338

Letters, packages, anything is much appreciated! Or if you just want to shoot me an email (easier and just as nice as a letter) my unclassified email is paul.daniel.roberts@us.army.mil

It is pretty cool having a seperate email for the secret network the military uses. Makes me feel special anyway! :)

I love you all and think of me on Thanksgiving (Its my b-day! the big 23!)

No comments: