Saturday, December 20, 2008

Christmas!

Well Christmas has really snuck up on me this year. I cannot believe we are already so close to it. It seems as yesterday I was deployed. I have explained this before as it relates a lot to my past; it seems as though the days are soooo long but the weeks and months fly by so fast. I just want to put my head down at night, but it seems as though I wake up a month later. I hope when I get home I can cherish the long hours that I have with my family instead of wanting to be asleep. We have stayed really busy here in Kirkuk. Life is good and comfortable and everything has been fine. Thank you to everyone for sending me love in the form of packages! I got three from the wife, two from my parents, two from myself, one from Aunt Jaylene and PeePaw (and precious) and two from my old Wells Fargo branch. All these packages have been great and will definitely make this holiday season a bit better for me!

Talia recently sent me some videos of our little angel, and I know this is cliche but she is already getting sooo big! I have been running like crazy still. I hope in the end I am building up mileage slow enough. Sometimes I get a little over ambitious with my goals! This week I ran a total of 45 miles! This morning I ran a half marathon -13 miles! Ahhhhh

I love my new Garmin Forerunner 405 with Heart Monitor watch that was a little present to myself out here. It is definitely a God send in the form of training for running. Probably the best technological tool out there right now! \

Excercising feels so good and puts me in such a good mood! I hope everyone out there reading this can gain some desire to have a healthier life style. I have found you do not have to follow a crazy diet or regiment, but you definitely have to put your heart in it and work hard.

To anyone else reading this , read your scriptures and pray! Nothing will give you more daily power to do anything you want than these simple steps. It is proven! I love you all. Take Care. We will talk to you soon!

No comments: