Monday, December 8, 2008

Tis the Season

We are in the midst of the holiday season and I am stuck in Iraq. I am glad to be serving my country and I am so very thankful that God has blessed me so much in my life. I feel so thankful for everyone's prayers for me. I can truly feel them. Yet, even with all these good feelings it is not the best feeling to be away from family and alone on these wonderful holidays. Thanksgiving dinner was great here in Kirkuk. They spoiled us rotten with food. I "repented" with a lot of working out the next day!

They say it takes 28 days to establish a routine or a good habit and really lock it in. Today was the 29th day of my workout routine. I am running 20-30 miles a week and do upper body and core workouts 3 times a week each. My body is feeling in much better shape but I still have a lot of weight to lose and a lot of work to do. I am hoping to run the Las Vegas Marathon. I invite any friends or family to join me for this event. It will be in the beginning of next December so everyone has a full year to train! I am currently 203 lbs (still a big boy) but I deployed weighing 240 lbs so I already have lost 37 lbs!

Right now it looks as though I may be home for mid-tour leave just in time to join my beautiful wife to celebrate our wedding anniversary. Many men forget the date of their anniversary. I just can't seeing that I am married to such a wonderful woman, I got to do it twice on the same date, and it was one of the best days of my life BOTH TIMES! (The best has to be Oct. 31st 2008!)

It feels weird to be a dad since I am not able to spend time with my child. Yet I still feel a responsibility even though I am so far away. It is a curious thing, but I like it.

Well before this gets to long, I just want everyone to know I will be thinking about them this holiday season, but I hope all of us can turn our hearts to the real celebration of Christmas. I hope everyone can turn their hearts to Jesus Christ, and his wonderful sacrifice he made for this world. I testify that Christ lives again, that he overcame death, and he is waiting for us all on the other side. Through prayer, repentance, and good old hard work, we can once again see our big brother and truly give him thanks for the wonderful gift he has given us!

In the spirit of Christmas I hope we are also thinking of those less fortunate than all of us who have our health, our wealth, and all of our posessions. I hope we can give and make this season a season of charity and love!

I will try not to wait so long until my next post on this blog. I love you all. God be with you til we meet again.

No comments: